Sell Art Online

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Power In Your Hands! - Your PDA

My son just bought stock in Apple. It's no wonder, he has virtually everything Apple makes. He was "going on about the iPhone for ages and last year I finally broke down and bought one!
The power of this little baby is amazing, as usual he was right. I currently run multiple business right off my phone. I can collect credit card payments, invoice customers and communicate through social networks right off the phone. Business in the 21st century means being ahead of the competition, being well connected is a must.
For now I want to discuss an app (program downloaded to your cell phone for a specific purpose). I have been wanting to accept credit card payments on the fly but didn't want to be burdened with a separate machine and a costly monthly fee (been there done that). One morning over breakfast we heard on "Good Morning America" about an app that does just what we wanted - accept credit cards via my iPhone. I quickly searched it out and have been using it with great success! I love it - no monthly fees (you get free this little square card reader that plugs into your earphone jack so you can swipe cards and the money goes right into your bank account. We're still waiting for the free card reader but you can key in the info into the phone to complete the transaction. In about 3-4 business days we've been paid and the cost is actually less than conventional card readers. The app we use.
So why would I mention this - well you can accept credit cards for your Avon business by filling out a credit card slip and calling for approval, but this is not possible for items you currently have on hand ie. flea market.
This simply is an opportunity for you to receive cash to your bank account via someones credit card (not everyone carries cash and who wants to accept a check?
I'll be posting other great uses for your iPhone (android etc) as time goes on but they are certainly a viable business tool! Yup my boy was right - I needed one!




Note:
I suppose the pilot program is over, I didn't have to enter all the information regarding the phone just an email address and bank information. Square will verify your account, once done you're off!
For those that are wondering I offer this information freely as a satisfied customer and I receive no financial compensation for posting.

3 comments:

Mother Tory said...

I just signed up. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I'm a new Avon rep and I have heard of Square. Does Avon allow us to use Square, or do we HAVE to make credit card imprints and send them in?

My customer base is mstly younger people, college age, who don't carry cash or checks, but they also feel uneasy about me basically copying their information. Square doesn't save any credit info, which I like.


But, is it allowed?

Thanks!

DArcy Evans said...

You're welcome Mother Tory - let us know how it works for you - for us it's a snap!
Now as far as can you use it? Sure why not? Think of it as cash, the customer pays you, the money goes into your bank account in a couple of days. We've done hundreds of transactions and never had a problem! It's a fast easy way to do business and the cost is minimal.
Again however I don't work for Avon - any questions contact your DSM.